Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Refurbished Red Dress

This year for Halloween I wanted to be something different...something other than my usual cat, witch, or pirate. I finally came up with the idea of
"LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD"

Every year I make my costume. This year I was determined to hit the Goodwill and hope to find the perfect dress...Well I was wrong. I went to 3 different Goodwill stores and saw a million red dresses but none of them had that spark. So I went home and thought until my brain hurt and then it finally came to me! AN OLD BRIDESMAID'S DRESS!

(sorry for the horrible quality picture: I'm on the right)

I was a bridesmaid at my cousins wedding in 2004. I was 14 years old and the dress was still hanging up in my closet. I tried it on hoping and praying that it still fit..and it sure did! It was a little tight in the chest area but I was determined to use it!

I called up my Aunt Nancy who is the Queen Of Sewing. She is just AWESOME! I went over the next day and a few days later she turned my 7 year old, floor length dress into a  short, sexy, Little Red Riding Hood dress! She even made the cape and a little apron to go with it.

And here is the Refurbished Red Dress!



(Sean was the Big Bad Wolf)
I loved it so much I wore it to TWO parties. We all know that girls never wear the same costume twice in one year..but this one I just had to!

Hope you all had a safe and fun Halloween!

-Katie

5 comments:

  1. AHHH! Love it! I cant believe how young we look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much for stopping by my blog! I love meeting other new bloggers...especially ones named Katie =)! I love your costume! It looked amazing and how awesome that you recycled a dress! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did!!!!! What a great costume!!!

    Hope you had a great weekend! Xoxo, Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights

    ReplyDelete